Summy for wordpress generates excerpts for your posts by applying various algorithms for automatic summarization extraction. It scores your text's sentences, based on extended configuration options, and returns the highest ranked. WP-Summy is based on the Sum+my and was created in an attempt to further develop the Core Library through your feedback.
- Currently only English & Greek languages are supported.
- PHP 5.3 is required in order to use this plugin
- It is tested to work for Wordpress 3.5 up to 3.8
- Please report if it's compatible with older versions of wordpress
How To Use
- Write your blog post as you normally do
- Make sure excerpt and summy blocks are on screen
- Experiment with all the options and hit Summarize
- Upload the entire folder `summy` to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
I have already introduced you to this application, and i already told you about the porting process to Zend Framework 2 but that's not all. Since i finished the first version which only worked for Greek documents, i always wanted to add support for the English language and extend it further more.
So after a few weeks of work and research here it is with a brand new name, Sum+my, which stands for Summarization Methodology Yardstick.
- Brand New Appearance based on Twitter Bootstrap
- Ported Application to Zend Framework 2.0
- Added Support for English Language
- Added Stemmer Test Page
- Fixed typos in the Greek Stemmer, improved accuracy a lot!
- Summaries are now cached, to avoid double posting, the links are by no means permanent!
It's probably the work i am most proud because it's so out of my element, so give it a try you might actually find it a great tool for everyday tasks and let me know if you have any ideas to improve it further or why not start adding support for more languages. For that you might also want to check the docs of the Sum+my